外国黄片网站黄色片一级视屏|国产视频-日美不卡在线视频|看欧美1级1级1级生活片儿|青青草人人插青青操干日AV|青青操在线免费观看av|一级成年国产中文字幕av一|美女黄黄视频骚货网站在线观看|欧美一级做一级a做片|少妇高潮一区二区三区99|丁香五月蜜桃久久久亚洲精品成人

Africa  

Botched initiation claims three lives in S. Africa

Source: Xinhua   2018-06-22 22:50:56

CAPE TOWN, June 22 (Xinhua) -- Despite the government's zero-tolerance towards illegal initiation schools, three teenagers have died of botched circumcision in the Eastern Cape Province since the winter initiation season began, authorities said on Friday.

The three victims, two of them 15-year-old, died on Thursday in Nyandeni after being circumcised by quack doctors, the provincial Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs (CGTA) said.

This marked the first reported deaths since the winter initiation season began 10 days ago.

The department said the three boys had been admitted to illegal initiation schools.

Department spokesperson Mamkeli Ngam blamed lack of supervision for the deaths of the teenagers.

He said police have launched an investigation into the case.

Every year dozens of boys die and many more are hospitalized in South Africa as a result of botched circumcision. In the last 10 years there have been more than 1,000 penile amputations.

Most of the deaths are reported in the Eastern Cape Province, a hotbed of botched circumcision.

Circumcision is viewed a sacred practice in African cultures, marking a male's transition from child to adulthood. According to the tradition, young males have to be circumcised as the passage to manhood.

Editor: yan
Related News
Home >> Africa            
Xinhuanet

Botched initiation claims three lives in S. Africa

Source: Xinhua 2018-06-22 22:50:56

CAPE TOWN, June 22 (Xinhua) -- Despite the government's zero-tolerance towards illegal initiation schools, three teenagers have died of botched circumcision in the Eastern Cape Province since the winter initiation season began, authorities said on Friday.

The three victims, two of them 15-year-old, died on Thursday in Nyandeni after being circumcised by quack doctors, the provincial Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs (CGTA) said.

This marked the first reported deaths since the winter initiation season began 10 days ago.

The department said the three boys had been admitted to illegal initiation schools.

Department spokesperson Mamkeli Ngam blamed lack of supervision for the deaths of the teenagers.

He said police have launched an investigation into the case.

Every year dozens of boys die and many more are hospitalized in South Africa as a result of botched circumcision. In the last 10 years there have been more than 1,000 penile amputations.

Most of the deaths are reported in the Eastern Cape Province, a hotbed of botched circumcision.

Circumcision is viewed a sacred practice in African cultures, marking a male's transition from child to adulthood. According to the tradition, young males have to be circumcised as the passage to manhood.

[Editor: huaxia]
010020070750000000000000011105521372742901